When The Plugs I Met dropped in June of 2019, Benny the Butcher was a promising if somewhat secondary member of the then-burgeoning Griselda Records empire. Upon the release of The Plugs I Met 2, composed with New York production stalwart Harry Fraud, he’s a certified star, so comfortable in his personal trajectory that’s he’s had the time—and resources—to launch BSF Records, a label comprising members of his Black Soprano Family crew. Save for Rick Hyde on “Survivor’s Remorse,” BSF is largely absent from The Plugs I Met 2, Benny having reserved the majority of the project’s guest spots for NYC rap legends French Montana, Fat Joe, Jim Jones, and the dearly departed Chinx. But no Griselda project is about the guests, and The Plugs I Met 2 is no different in that regard, Benny painting vivid pictures of street life as he sees it. “For street n***as I’m the new catalyst, but who fathomed it?/My heroes in federal sweatsuits and New Balances,” he raps on “When Tony Met Sosa.” The project on the whole is something akin to getting reps up in an empty gym: impressive, to be sure, but also exactly what we know he’s capable of.
A RollOut Exclusive – Benny The Butcher Does His Part To Keep Griselda’s Reputation For Bars Intact
More from Artist RollOut FeaturesMore posts in Artist RollOut Features »
- Hey Do You Make Music? Submit To Streamapse Rollout Project
- Q & A Session With R&B Vocalist Kizzo
- A RollOut Exclusive – Mauri Dark Dreams Free On Single And Music Video “Dreams Of A Middle-Aged Man”A RollOut Exclusive – Mauri Dark Dreams Free On Single And Music Video “Dreams Of A Middle-Aged Man”
- Q & A Session With Rapper Blueboy ‘THA REALEST’
- Q & A Session With Alternative Hip-Hop/R&B Band Cadillac Muzik